What is Connect for the Best?
- An on-line referral and booking system, as well as a job portal.
- CFTB connects pre-qualified workers to available jobs.
- CFTB provides employers with an avenue to hiring qualified employees.
How is Connect for the Best different from other directories?
- Employees can decide if shifts fit their schedule, then apply.
- Online recommendations and testimonials from current or previous employers verifies work experience and capabilities.
- Both employers and employees get to write testimonials.
- All employees have confirmed reference checks done by CFTB.
How do I improve my ranking?
- Ranking can be improved by providing the very best service and
both parties asking the other to take the time to write a testimonial
evaluating the experience.
- Ranking can be impacted by unclear expectations and
requesting services that were not agreed to. Attaching the correct
documents that set the correct expectations is key.
How do I know the reviews are valid?
- All users are registered and only bookings originating or booked
through the web site will receive a testimonial to complete at the end
of an assignment. The services are ranked and comments and photos if
appropriate may be added.
How are bad reviews handled?
- Low ranking and negative comments will generate a follow up phone call from CFTB to assist in resolution.
- Inappropriate comments will be removed by management.
How do I pay/get paid?
- CFTB is only a connection service. The employer and employee will follow the normal payment processing of part time staff.
Will this mean more staff on the payroll/more T4 slips?
Yes. As different employers select and use an employee’s services each
party is growing their bank of available resources making scheduling
An employer paying an employee less than $500 annually may not be
required to prepare a T4 slip. Check out this web site for more